Tuesday, January 31, 2006

At last...

Wow! Today I've found I passed the national exam of 'interpreter tour guide in English' at last!
I had prepared for it since April 2004, going to an preparatory school.

In Japan, with the title of nationally certified 'interpreter tour guide' you can be paid to guide aroud foreign visitors; paid guides with no title are illegal.


Strange enough to say, though, I'm not sure yet whether I'm cut out for a guide.
Frankly, by aiming at the exam, I just wanted to improve my own knowledge as well as self-confidence, in order to proudly face to foreign people...... I wonder if I can really become a kind of 'tour conductor' rather than an interpreter?


Well, who knows? I just have to try.
In March I will attend a hands-on workshop that is held by a cooperative association of guides... let's see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home