Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Oh sugar

This evening my husband has brought home something heavy.



Sugar! Two bags of 2 kilos(4.4lb) each! Oh heavens.
He received these at a wake as a gift in return for "koden," condolence money for a funeral.

In Japan, it is customary for us to attend a wake or funeral with some koden, and for the host to give every attendant a gift.

The gift varys; in most cases, a towel or a set of towels.
Sure, we sometimes have sugar, but... usually in smaller scales. This is the first time for me to receive such a big amount of sugar as a return gift.


The problem is, I don't like sugar so much!!


I like sweets, of course, but not too sweet taste. I prefer bland foods.
Once or twice a year I bake cakes or cookies, but who would be willing to offer a space for unused heavy white bags in a shelf which is a precious everyday storeroom in a small Japanese residence?...


OK, I've got a good idea.
Does anyone know the good way to consume much sugar? The prize is ---the set of sugar bags in question (ha-ha, joking)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home