Monday, April 24, 2006

Ninna-ji

Like Mt. Yoshino, which I wrote about previously, Ninna-ji Temple is a World Heritage site.


the huge main gate











a Japanese-style garden in its fee-charged area of the precincts: so pretty









However, it is in order to see its sakura blossoms that I visited Ninnaji Temple today!


A the central Kyoto City, the cherry blossom season has been almost over; except for Ninnaji.
I had heard that cherries there bloom later than any other trees in the city, so I went there with the hope I can still enjoy the blossoms.



Oh, there. This cherry breed is called "Omuro-Ariake," which is late-blooming and is unique to this Ninnaji precincts.




















There were some trees that had bloomed well, but the most blossoms had been scattered, making a "pink carpet" over the ground; it was beautiful in itself, so it's alright.



the bell tower
















five-storied pagoda
















Lastly, I'll show you a rare stuff:


Green blossoms of cherry! How interesting. The name of this breed is "Gyoi-ko."









OK, since late March, I have enjoyed this year's sakura so much. Did you? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home